Joining ICGC ARGO
There are numerous ways you can get involved in ICGC ARGO.
The launch of ICGC ARGO presents an opportunity for countries around the world to combine their efforts to reduce the global burden of cancer, and for all sectors to contribute through shared knowledge. If you are considering getting involved with ICGC ARGO as a project, the sources of cohorts of patients that would constitute ICGC ARGO projects may include:
- Biospecimens from participants enrolled in active clinical trials;
- Analyses of banked samples from past clinical trials
- Analyses of samples from clinically well-annotated cohorts that satisfy ICGC ARGO clinical data requirements
- Longitudinal cohort studies
- Autopsy studies with detailed clinical data
- Population-based studies with detailed clinical and lifestyle data
- Real World Data acquired through health systems
ICGC ARGO Data Features:
- Comprehensive longitudinal annotation; clinical data describing lifestyle, comorbidity, diagnostics, response to therapy and survival
- High quality and interoperable; using common quality standards for pathology and technology
- Harmonised; using central analysis and pipelines through regional data processing centres.
Benefits of joining:
- Standardised, uniform and evolving genomic analyses – built on the foundation of ICGC 25K Genomes and the PCAWG (Pan Cancer Analysis of Whole Genomes) Projects
- Data co-ordination and distribution under appropriate ethical and legal frameworks
- Equitable and fair data sharing arrangements
- Opportunities for pooled data analyses
- Network of NGS laboratory partnerships facilitated through ICGC-ARGO for clinical consortia to enable advanced molecular analyses
- Knowledge exchange through the ICGC-ARGO community with regular meetings, teleconferences and opportunities to contribute to leadership and Working Groups
Multiple mechanisms and categories of membership to provide opportunities to contribute to ICGC ARGO have been developed.
You can read our Membership Guidelines for more information.
Please consult our Policies and Guidelines to read more about participating and sharing your data through ICGC ARGO.
Policies and Guidelines
Ready to sign up? Please download our Expression of Interest Document and submit to our secretariat.
Expression of Interest
There are many other ways to get involved with ICGC ARGO
Do you have technical, computational or clinical expertise in a disease of interest and want to contribute as an individual?
We have a number of Working Groups you can get involved with. Contact our secretariat for more information on how to get involved.
Are you a past or current patient, or are caring for someone with cancer and want to know how you can get involved?
Please consult our Patient Engagement pages to learn more about the work ICGC ARGO is doing with patients and families, and how you can get involved.